Monday, March 5, 2012

Our Final Story


Are You Thirsty?
Written by:
 The parents, students, and teachers of
Word Workshop, Winter 2012


I woke up and looked out my window and saw a blue light! I took out my telescope to see what I could see. There was a blue moon.  Maybe the moon became moldy because it was out too long.  Maybe it was a spaceship.  I freaked out.  Maybe it was a star. Is it moving towards us?  An alien went came out of the spaceship and stared at the little id through his window.  The alien had three eyes, four arms, and six legs.  He came to me.  He was very hungry.  But I wouldn’t let him eat my food. Because I had worked in the kitchen all day making that sandwich.  I was thirsty.  I went and said “hi”.  I was still thirsty.  I wouldn’t let him get my water.  I think maybe I should give him some water.  I started hanging him some water and he knocked the glass out of my hand.  I want a milkshake!  I said go to McDonalds for one.  And then I thought why am I giving him food I should take hi s food.  The spaceship was very interesting with buttons and dials.  I wish I was an alien.  There was no food in the spaceship.  Since the alien flies to the earth, I want to use his spaceship to fly to their planet.  So the little kid went to the lab room but didn’t know how to control it.  He looked for some instructions around the spaceship.  He found a box with some directions.  The directions said the spaceship uses milkshakes as fuel.  The directions said, “move the lever down” and I said, “I know what to do”.  I moved the lever down and I used the instructions to make a milkshake in the spaceship.  It didn’t work! I accidentally pulled the lever up!  I’m confused am I hungry or am I thirsty?  I think you’re both.  And I have it all at home. 


*This story was told orally during a round of "Story Maker", a story making game the students practiced during the session.  Each person in the room says 1 sentence and the story continues to be passed until the time allotted has ended.  
*Thank you parents (and students) for participating in this fun story making activity during the Expo!

No comments:

Post a Comment